Writing III C&D 2017

by a5162038 on November 28, 2017
These days, many foreign people come to Japan, because they are interested in Japanese culture, studying different languages and so on. In addition, they have part-time job. Convenience store is very common, and recently many foreign part-timers at Japan’s convenience stores are rising. I will write about the reasons why foreign people have part-time job at convenience store and what I think about it.

by Haruta on November 24, 2017
Now, the discrimination in Japan exists yet. Actually, 84% disabled people feel they face with discrimination. (Asahi, 2017) We must not discriminate these people. We have to treat all people equally. This time, I want to introduce about discriminations of blind people and the people who use the wheelchair. I want to tell you about current situations of discrimination and how we can solve this problem.

by Haruta on November 24, 2017

by Tomoyuki on November 14, 2017
Many students attend each school and they study a lot of subjects, but in school, there sometimes happens fighting or quarrel and so on. Along with those, bullying happens. Bullying is one of the most famous problems. Close to 224,540 reports of school bullying, or ijime in Japanese, emerged in 2015-16, according to the ministry. That was a 19 percent increase from the previous year — though officials say part of the rise was due to heightened awareness resulting from the 2013 law (Lim, 2017).

by MoXv on November 14, 2017
I am sure that you, who are reading this essay, really love animals. I love animals too. They are so cute, and they make us happy or relaxed. However, some of them are in danger of extinction because of climate change. According to scientists’ research, two-thirds of wild animals will disappear from the earth by 2020 (Jacky, 2016). Today, I am going to talk about what the effects of global warming on animals are, and how to prevent it.

by Muscle Konishi on November 14, 2017
In Japan, the house of representatives’ snap election was held on Oct.22th, 2017. This snap election was held to ask the public about the authenticity of the current ruling coalition before the North Korean’s situation become bad (Yoshida.R, 2017). In this time, there are many parties participated this election, mainly the side of ruling party was the liberal democratic party and the opposition parties were the party of hope, Constitutional Democratic Party and the other five parties. All parties waved their banner of election manifestos, but the liberal democratic party victory.

by mintoo on November 14, 2017
Currently in Japan, only medical doctors are able to administer tattoos legally (Marsh, J., Ogura, J. & Kobayashi, C., 2017). According to the little-known law, tattooing involves a needle protruding into the skin, which is similar to injections done by nurses or doctors, thus relating tattooing to medical practices. This led to tattoo artists being unable to make a living, or enjoy the freedom of carrying out their profession. What kind of problems are there, precisely? And how are the artists dealing with the issue?

by tachibana on July 19, 2017
There are many smokers in the world. In 2007, WHO said that 1.1 billion people are smoking in the world, accounting for 1/3 of the world's population over the fifteen years. In particular, there are many smokers in developing countries. That number is 800 million. 700 million of them are men. 200 million men and 100 million women are smoking cigarettes in developed countries. In Japan, 20 million men and 7 million women are smoking. I want cigarette to disappear from the world. It is because smoking is not good for health.

by MoXv on July 19, 2017
When you wake up every morning, what do you do first? I usually check LINE on my smartphone. In the train for school, I often read the text messages on Twitter. After I get home, I cannot help touching my smartphone and I chat with my friends on LINE and Twitter by turns. To be honest, I feel tired from chatting on SNSs these days. Have you ever felt that SNS is such a bother? Japan has a lot of problem caused by SNSs, for example, bullying, leaking private information, and so on. I think SNS is not necessary for us.

by Tomoyuki on July 17, 2017
In Japan, there are lots of issues. For example, aging society, child abuse, death from overwork and so on. Above all, children’s poverty is changing for the worse year by year. What is the poverty? It is to be poor and embarrassed in life. Today, I will talk about one serious issue about children. We must save children from poverty. How can we deal with the issue? The government needs to give good educational opportunities to the children.

by Muscle Konishi on July 17, 2017
Do you know the number of children who can get some educations from parents or teachers? The number of children who can’t get some educations is 59million all over the world. According to the UNISEF study, children without educations can’t adapt to the environment when it changes suddenly. In addition, they might cause some problems to the societies such as homicide, suicide, cruel treatment and so on. This is the human’s crisis to keep our safety life. Now, we should start the “effective educations” to children to improve and solve this situation and problems.

by Cap on June 23, 2017
Do you know who the best gymnast in the world is? Probably most people have heard his name even if they do not know him well. Now he is the top gymnast in the world. His name is Kohei Uchimura. He was born on January 3th ,1989 in Nagasaki Prefecture. Surprisingly, he started gymnastics when he was only 3. I became his fan when I saw his performance in London Olympics on TV in 2012. Therefore, I will introduce Kohei Uchimura; his history, his style and what he learned from gymnastics.

by Yuta on June 23, 2017
Do you know ‘Shingeki no Kyojin’? It is a series of manga and very famous among young Japanese people. However, this writer is not known by many people. The writer is Hajime Isayama. He was born in Oita in 1986 and his hobby is watching internet. Do you want to know him more? I want you to know him, so I will tell you three topics. First topic is why he decided to become a comic artist, second one is about Shingeki no Kyojin and last one is the reasons why he is cool. These topics are interesting, so let’s start from first topic.

by tachibana on June 22, 2017
Do you know a person who is a gifted director in Japan? I think you know the man who founded Studio Ghibli. His name is Miyazaki Hayao. Have you heard of this name? He is famous in the world. His job is not only a movie director, but also an animator and a cartoonist. He has a good sense to make something such as animation movies, drawing pictures and so on, but he doesn’t depend on it. He is very stoic with himself. Why is he famous around the world? I want you to know about him.

by MoXv on June 21, 2017
Do you like studying? No, I do not. I think studying is difficult and boring. However, decades ago, Japanese women could not study as well as Japanese men because there was sex discrimination in Japan. Then, why can I, a Japanese woman, study now? There was one woman’s effort in the background. Today, I am going to introduce a woman whose name is Umeko Tsuda and let me tell you about how respectable she was.

by Haruta on June 21, 2017
   Do you like music? I like music and there are many artists whom I respect very much. Today I would like to introduce a cool Japanese artist. His name is Hiroji Miyamoto. Do you know him? He is the member of band "Elephant Kashimashi". This band and vocal is very famous in Japan. There are many great artist in Japan, but many people respect him and the band. He produced many songs and there are many great points of him. Today, I want to introduce how great he is.

by shota on June 21, 2017
Most people may have a person who they respect for something. For example, singing, fashion or sports. A person I respect is KenKen. He is a Japanese bass guitar player and he is joining many bands. For instance, RIZE, Dragon Ash, FUZZY CONTROL and more. He is from Tokyo, Setagaya and 31 years old now. His family are Nobuaki Kaneko as a brother, Mari Kaneko as a mother and Jonny Yoshinaga as his father. All member of his family are musician and he was affected by them. I will introduce them later. Then, I will write about his family and a reason why I respect him in this essay.

by Momoka on June 20, 2017
Do you like sports? If you like them, what kind of sports do you like? I like many sports. I especially like softball because I have played softball for three years of my junior high school and enjoyed playing it and watching the games as well. At that time, I wanted to be a good softball player and I found a role model. Her name is Yukiko Ueno. she is a very hard worker and I respect her very much. Let me introduce the profile of Yukiko Ueno, her personality, her strength, and the reasons why I like her.

Cap

Fig
Teacher

2 weeks 3 hours ago

Hi. My name is Reiko from Kansai University of International Studies in Hyogo, Japan.
I read your interesting article about helping people.
I think volunteer activities are very good activities to improve ourselves.
In Japan, there are many kinds of volunteer activities. For example,
disaster relief volunteer, activities to protect nature and environment, the activities
targeted for the youth and so on. I started volunteering since
April. The content of activity is helping children’s camp. I become the
children’s reader. Ouir facility is in trouble due to lack of personnel. I
think that if everyone is interested in volunteering and becomes
cooperative it will be able to create a better environment. And
I think if we can help each other when the disaster occurs,
we can build a good relationship. I hope that developed and developing
countries will be able to take similar measures. And if I have a chance,
I would like to participate volunteer activity, hopefully, overseas.
Do you know any group/college in Montreal that accepts foreign students for
volunteer/internship activities? I am looking forward to hearing from you.

2 weeks 4 days ago

Hi, I’m Tomoyuki from Kansai University of International Studies in Hyogo, Japan.

I found your article very interesting. I agree with the idea that academic stress and mental health are related. In my case, I always have a lot of homework in the university, so I sometimes feel stressed out. If I can have enough time to do my homework, I don’t feel the stress. However, if I cannot have enough time to do it, I am stressed out, and I become anxious. I don’t think it is not good for my health. In addition, I sometimes cut down my sleeping time to do a lot of homework. Also, this is not only happening to university students like me, but preparatory schools in Japan give students lots of homework, and they study hard because they want to enter famous universities in the country. Along with that, some students experience depression and occasionally they commit suicide. As for the ways to solve this problem, I think some students sometimes need to relax and they need help from fellow students and their teachers. Managing a schedule is very important.

How about your college? Is it very demanding? I am looking forward to hearing your response.

Cap

2 weeks 5 days ago

Hi. I’m Kosuke. I am studying at Kansai University of International Studies
in Hyogo, Japan.
I read your article and I find it interesting because I think health
insurance is a necessity.
I think Japanese health care system and American’s are totally different.
According to you, 46 million Americans do not have health insurance.
Most Japanese are with health insurance. In Japan, health insurance cost
cheaper than America.In America, people who have enough money can get
health insurance. I think it is not nice. I heard that health insurance in
Canada is one of the best in the world.
However, I also heard that some people who lived in Canada were not happy
about it. What do you think?
I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Reply to: The Dish Project
2 weeks 5 days ago

Hi. My name is Takayasu from Kansai University of International Studies in
Hyogo, Japan.
Your article is interesting. I think your plan is great. To rent everything
people would need at an event to eat is efficient to reduce waste, because many people use paper
cups, paper dishes at some event when they eat and drink. If you do it
many times, the destruction of the environment will be restricted.
Volunteering for an environment is difficult for many people. I want you
to keep volunteering and I hope “the dish project” is big more and is
admired. It’s great that your class included volunteering as this is a
learning experience for students.
May I know what class required you to experience volunteer? Hoping to hear
from you.

Reply to: The Dish Project
2 weeks 5 days ago

Hi. My name is Takayasu from Kansai University of International Studies in
Hyogo, Japan.
Your article is interesting. I think your plan is great. To rent everything
cups, paper dishes at some event when they eat and drink. If you do it
many times, the destruction of the environment will be restricted.
Volunteering for an environment is difficult for many people. I want you
to keep volunteering and I hope “the dish project” is big more and is
admired. It’s great that your class included volunteering as this is a
learning experience for students.
May I know what class required you to experience volunteer? Hoping to hear
from you.

Reply to: #MeToo
2 weeks 5 days ago

Hi.My name is Momoka. I am from Kansai University of International Studies
in Hyogo, Japan.
Your article is interesting. “Me too” movement is a good activity because
victims of sexual harassment
will come out. I didn't know that there is a hash tag "Me too". Also, it
is a good system. They can share their opinion against the movement and
sexual harassment. I think it will be more popular in the future. It even
reached Japan last month.
Some posts on twitter and one interesting post from a Japanese: “I have
never told anyone
about the time I was assaulted nor have I spoken out about it,” wrote
@yu_ichikawa.
“I didn’t even mention it to the friends I met up with afterward. I feel
regret, shame and a
sense of responsibility for what happened more than anger or sadness. I
have tried to tell
myself ‘It’s not a big deal.’ #MeToo”

I don’t think students from my university know this. Do some students in
your college know about this?
What are their rections?

2 weeks 5 days ago

Hello, Hannah. I am Momoka from Kansai University of International Studies
in Hyogo, Japan.

Thank you for your opinion. I like the article that you posted.
Online shopping is also popular and common in Japan.
I also use it and enjoy shopping but I've never bought clothes. I often
buy books, daily necessities, and writing materials.
When I buy clothes online, I will care about vintage or used clothes. I am
curious.
How does leasing jeans work? It’s interesting. Hoping to hear from you.
Regards

Reply to: Animal Rights
2 weeks 5 days ago

Hi, I’m Ikumi from Kansai University of International Students in Hyogo, Japan.
Thank you for your writing this essay. In this world, so many animals are killed by humans for making their foods, clothes, cosmetics and so on. We should respect their rights, but the humans can’t survive without their life because we can get some protein sources from their meat. In addition, if the government regulates killing animals for businesses, people who are working at the companies which are using animals would lose their jobs. In addition, in Japan, there are around 205,000 cats and dogs, which were euthanized in 2010 (Cara, 2013). Why did these cats need to die? This is because they become pets. Now, the “Hokensho,” some NGOs and volunteers are trying to improve this situation (Jessica, 2014). For example, they make a home where animals can live comfortably, and they hold some events for ordinally people who are interested in adopting these
animals. In fact, I have a dog which was taken from “Hokensho”. From these two things, the government should make a new law that companies must treat the animals more carefully and they should support NGO’s activities. In addition, everyone should have a responsibility for taking care of pets. Aside from geese, are there any other animals which you think
are not treated properly?

References

Jessica K, (2014). Japan Today. Animal welfare in Japan improving
Retrieved from

Cara C, (2013). Japan Today. 500 cats & dogs legally killed in Japan each day
Retrieved from

3 weeks 1 day ago

Hello my name is Padli. I am from Kansai International University of
Study Japan.

I read your article and it reminds me about the homeless in my country in
Indonesia. They do not only have home, address and many more to live.
Sometimes they commit crimes like stealing someone's wallet. They also sing
songs with guitar to get money in front of people’s house. I know these are
the only things that they can do to survive, but it is really annoying
for us. Unfortunately, the number will not shrink because it is too high.
It is different in Japan. I have lived in Osaka, Japan for more than 4
years and I have only seen the homeless in a village.
I do not know why there are no many homeless people here even though the
living expenses
are quite expensive, but in 2016 while Tokyo counts fewer homeless in
daytime, advocacy group finds higher numbers at night, totaled 1,473.
Although they do not show up at stations or big parks frequently, some