Allow Cellphones in Class
by Dare_Dev on November 20, 2013 - 12:10pm
Focus: Cellphones, why block them from our classes when we can use them at an educational level.
- I mentioned how cellphones are used as an amazing tool for communication, information gathering etc.
- On average we use our cellphones at least five times a day.
- We can use our cellphones to surf the web in case we would like to know more about something our teacher could be teaching us. Of course there would have to be limits, as using your cellphone the whole class is relatively excessive, and rarely during that time someone would be inquiring new information.
- We’ll always be able to access things from our phones as long as we’re connected to the internet. With this we can easily finish our class work on our phones and just upload it to a server of some sort.
- With all the tools/apps we can download onto our cell phones, we can use all these to our advantage, examples could be dictionaries, calculators, as well as many other things, such as translators, even remote controls.
Although the chances of this ever happening are slim to none as everyone abuses their ability to use their cellphones in class. I’d like to show mainly why our generation and the next generations to come would be working more effectively with cellphones in classes, rather than them using a dictionary or other things as we’re not only saving trees but we’re being more efficient as a human being. Even though the cellphones were made originally for calling we as people have been more and more closely working with technology to improve it in every way possible over the past 80 years.